Nathan and I both had a chef salad at the El Rancho.


The walls were covered with autographed picures of stars who had stayed there.

We stayed at a classic old hotel in Gallop, New Mexico. This was home base to all the stars when they were on location making western movies. Most everything is original and I could only imagine what took place within the walls.

Had to take another detour. Thankfully these were few and far between.


Santa Fe railroad in New Mexico. Route 66 seemed to follow the railroad wherever it went.

Pavement. I'll explain. After successfully navigating the hundreds of years old vertical steps that descended 250 feet I finally encountered flat ground. What a relief! And it was at this point on flat ground that I stumbled (and I must say in a big way) and almost fell. Nathan felt the need to take a picture of the spot.

The Kissing Rocks.


This where we descended from.

This is Nathan trying to show/tell me something.

Ah, it gets a little easier now.



They carried their food, water, and supplies up these steps for hundreds of years. I found it amazing.

We were given the option of taking the bus back down or walking the same path that the indians had walked for hundreds of years. Sight unseen we decided to walk down. A decision that I thought I was going to quickly regret!

No comments:

Post a Comment